Address: 1205 N Loop 1604 W/Blanco Suite 230 San Antonio TX 78258
- Title: 8/22/2013 12:44:41 PM
- Fresh uni on Thursday was great. Some odd new fish I've never tired. Was quite tasty. Sushi chefs were on point. Eat the Snow White roll or the summer time roll.Always less than appetizing getting you food from a chubby white girl with pink hair.All I wanted was to get my food from the sushi chefs while I was sitting at the sushi bar.
- Title: 8/21/2013 9:34:23 AM
- Best place for sushi on this side of town Lunch specials are great. Fresh and delicious.
- Title: 8/21/2013 11:11:35 AM
- So it was pretty damn good. Happy hour can make a day great for sure. Only complaint i had was that the texture of the rice was...really off. But other then that, it was FANTASTIC! Jeremy, our waiter put up with ALL our goofy sake induced antics. THANKS JEREMY!.
- Title: New favorite restaurant8/20/2013 7:40:15 PM
- AWESOME food! Love the soft shell crab and age-dashi tofu appetizers. Great staff, friendly, attentive, had one waitress that is a dead ringer for the Little Mermaid! Lots of fun, good food, family friendly. We'll be back.
- Title: 8/20/2013 5:25:37 AM
- Found this place two weeks ago and I have been there twice. Everything I tried was delicious and the service was great. Can't wait to go again.
- Title: 8/20/2013 3:31:33 AM
- Awesome food always and friendly service! Come in for happy hour best value in town!!
- Title: 8/19/2013 12:20:24 PM
- Sushishima is a newish place in the shopping center off Blanco and 1604. A sushi craving led us to this place since we had been wanting to try it since we knew it was coming.The interior is a pretty nice, cool and modern with pretty friendly and attentive service. We were quickly seated in a booth (tip : do not sit in a booth..they share a common back and you are likely to feel all the movements of people on the other side) and a very pleasant waitress took our drink orders and left us with menus.Following our standard protocol for trying new places we ordered two appetizers and a glass of wine. The apps took a while to show up but they were worth the wait. The Kani salad was an artfully arranged pile of shredded Krab meat with bits of seaweed over a julienne of cucumber. This was very well seasoned and well dressed (I though it was slightly too mayonnaisey..but the wife disagreed) and was a perfect combination of cool flavors, the egg teapot steam was a bowl of fabulous broth just bursting with umami with shrimp (overcooked), bits of seaweed, a perfect scallop and a layer of egg at the bottom which had cooked because of the hot broth and had a velvety-custardy mouthfeel.Encouraged we ordered some sushi, mackerel, white tuna (also called Aburabo in some places), monkfish liver sushi for me and a crunchy roll for the spouse.This took a long time coming, but the waitress was very good about checking on us and making sure we were informed about the prep.The sushi was very well made with the rice perfectly cooked and seasoned and the perfect size for a bite. The mackerel was slight chewy but had that slight touch of smokiness from the torching and was served with the traditional dab of finely diced green onion which really works well with this fish. the white tuna was beautifully prepared : perfect slabs of creamy white flesh, brushed with a soy glaze and a few tiny cubes of garlic on top which added a perfect earthy hit to the fish, the monkfish liver was a bit disappointing since it was overdressed and you could not taste the delicate liver at all over the smush, The roll was perfectly formed and was tasty, though there was nothing even slightly crunchy about it.Even given the issues, this was by far among the better sushi I have had in SA. I look forward to another trip and upgrading the score.
- Title: 8/15/2013 2:33:40 AM
- Great food. Second time here!